Our Cayuga Lake Tasting Room in Ovid, NY is currently accepting applications for part-time seasonal tasting room staff.
Sheldrake Point Winery is looking for fun and outgoing people to join our tasting room team. We are seeking sales-driven, enthusiastic, hardworking individuals to assist with providing guests with an unparalleled wine tasting experience. We are a winery of the highest caliber that prides itself on phenomenal wines and great service. The perfect candidates will be passionate about wine and food, capable of “out of the box” thinking, a team player who is above all committed to providing excellent guest experiences. Does this describe you? If so please submit your resume.
The Part-Time Tasting Room Associate focuses on presentation and sales of wine through daily tastings and special events. Responsible for positive customer interactions that result in maximizing sales, meeting Club conversion and membership goals and maintaining high customer service standards. This is a multi-faceted position that requires initiative, vision, high energy levels and excellent communication skills and relationships with management, customers, and staff.
• Host and educate customers about our products by providing amazing winery experiences while focusing on building our tasting room sales and customer base
• Accurately handle daily duties including complex POS transactions, ringing orders, processing returns, receiving stock, customer service, etc.
• Prepares the tasting room for opening and closing daily
• Event support, including set-up and break down
• Stocks merchandise and supplies as needed
• Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically
• Must be 21 years of age
• Prior sales experience preferred but not necessary
• Tasting Room experience preferred but not necessary
• Minimum 1 – 2 years event, retail, restaurant and/or hotel/private club experience preferred but not necessary
• Must work weekends
• Must be able to talk in front of groups
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and utilize a dolly cart.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment while maintaining quality guest service
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize particularly with time-sensitive issues and guest needs
• Works independently and is pro-active with day to day needs and duties
• Multi-task with a wide variety of duties while interfacing with multiple departments
• Ability to work in a professional environment, including use of discretion and confidentiality
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Polished demeanor and personal presentation
• Good team player
• Customer service & sales focus
The above reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are an EOE. This is an hourly position.
Please stop into our Cayuga Lake Tasting Room to fill out an application or by call 607-532-9401.