Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos Courtsey of: allrecipes.com
This healthy, vegetarian-friendly burrito recipe packs in the significant nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes along with creamy, sweet, and spicy flavors. Pair with our spotlight wine, 2013 Riesling, with Luckystone White, or Luckystone Red. The hint of sweetness in the Riesling and Luckystone White complements the sweet potato, while the Luckystone Red complements the spicier aspects of the dish. As a rule, white wines
would enhance sweeter aspects, and red wines enhance the spice!
prep: 15 minutes
cook: 25 minutes
makes 12 burritos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Mash beans into the onion mixture. Gradually stir in water; heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, chili powder, mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas; top with cheese. Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 12 minutes.
- Top with your choice of complementary sauce or salsa, green onions, and/or cilantro. For vegan burritos, omit cheese and sour cream. May make ahead of time and freeze individually.