Peach Crostini with Whipped Feta and Honey Balsamic Courtsey of: thescrumptiouspumpkin.com
Just like enjoying Sheldrake Point Wine, think about this recipe as a tool for enjoyment. Perhaps substitute pears for peaches, or goat cheese for ricotta. Serve as an appetizer or dessert!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, 12 crostini (1 serving is 3 crostini)
- ½ baguette, sliced to 1-inch thick rounds 2 ripe peaches, pitted and halved
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Place the slices of baguette on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Prepare the grill for medium heat. Place the peach halves on the grill and cook until lightly softened, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side, about 4-5 minutes more. Peaches should have light golden grill marks, but should not be blackened or charred. Allow the peaches to cool, and then thinly slice (grilling the peaches is optional, they may also be used raw).
- To a small saucepan, add the balsamic and honey. Heat over medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon, allowing the mixture to simmer. After about 6-9 minutes, the balsamic should become thick, like a syrup, and reduced by about half. Turn off the heat and pour the sauce into a bowl to allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, puree the ricotta and feta in a blender or food processor until a thick, smooth mixture is formed.
- Spread the whipped feta over each toasted slice of baguette. Add baby arugula and sliced peaches. Drizzle on the balsamic honey reduction, then top with freshly chopped basil, and serve.